It was a pleasure meeting you at Dell World 2023. Our ransomware protection, CryptoSpike, supports Dell PowerScale and safeguards critical storage, on-premise or in the cloud. With more than 650 customers and 100 partners around the globe, we hope to partner with you too!
Thanks for Joining Us!
Let’s Stay in Touch
Continue the conversations you had at Dell World and book a one-on-one meeting with a team member to learn more about our ransomware protection solution that safeguards your critical data.
Steve ArlinVP of Sales, Americas, UK and APAC
Murat BölüklerRegional Manager, DACH & South
Mark SlagmolenRegional Manager, Benelux, Nordics & France
In 2022, the number of ransomware attacks on businesses and institutions increased significantly. In total, there were over 620 million attacks worldwide. That’s around 20 attacks per second! Attacks cause business disruptions, compromise sensitive data and, in most cases, result in recovery work that lasts several weeks. Every second that an attack goes unnoticed helps attackers to inflict more damage, which costs your organization time and money.
- 650+ companies worldwide rely on CryptoSpike
CryptoSpike is the Leading Solution to Protect Storage Systems from Ransomware
Based on full access transparency, CryptoSpike detects unusual activities in your file system and blocks attacks in real time. In the event of a ransomware attack, the granular restore function makes it possible to restore affected files immediately.
- 71% of all companies were the target of at least one ransomware attack in 2022. There were 236.1 million ransomware attacks worldwide during the first half of 2022 alone.
- The average downtime after an attack is 21 days.
- The average recovery costs after an attack are 1.6 million euros.
- The central storage system in which all data is stored is a “black box”. Oftentimes, it is unclear who caused the damage, when the attack began, and what data was damaged.
- Backups can be compromised as ransomware often disables backup functionality. A detailed investigation is required to determine what needs to be restored and when. Files that are not infected are often restored to an old version, which leads to unnecessary data loss.
- One wrong click by employees is enough to infect the entire network, allowing the threat to spread from a local computer to network-attached storage.
- If an attack occurs, a thorough analysis is essential (what happened, when, how did the attackers get the data and, above all, which data is affected). Without this insight, it won’t be possible to carry out a successful analysis and recover the data.
The CryptoSpike Solution
By analyzing all data access to the storage system, CryptoSpike detects ransomware attacks and unusual behavior, stops them in their tracks, and immediately gives you the chance to react and restore the exact data you need.
How CryptoSpike Protects Your Data
- Anomaly detection: CryptoSpike analyzes data access in real-time and immediately detects anomalies.
- Blocklist: Using a blocklist provided by ProLion, typical file extensions for ransomware are recognized and blocked.
- User Blocking: Suspicious users are automatically blocked from accessing your, data and administrators are immediately alerted to the incident.
- Single File Restore: Thanks to the detailed analysis, explicitly corrupted files can be restored, all other data remains unchanged.
- If needed for data protection purposes, it’s possible for user-specific data and activity to be visible only when two users, e.g. the works council and the IT department, log on to the CryptoSpike server.
Ransomware Protection Strategies
What is a “layered protection” strategy and how can it be implemented for every industry.
- Focus: Protection of unstructured data
- EDR, NDR, Backups, Storage Access Intelligence