Mobil: +43 664 131 44 03
Management: Robert Graf
General terms and conditionsGeneral terms and conditions of ProLion GmbH
ProLion respects your privacy and is committed to protecting your personal data. This privacy notice will inform you as to how we look after your personal data including when you visit our website (regardless of where you visit it from) and tell you about your privacy rights and how the law protects you.
1. IMPORTANT INFORMATION
Purpose of this privacy notice
This privacy notice aims to give you information on how ProLion collects and processes your personal data including through your use of our website, and including any data you may provide to us when accessing or subscribing for reference material, newsletters, purchasing products or services, participating in events, or interacting with tools or applications provided by us.
If you have any questions about this privacy notice, including any requests to exercise your legal rights, please contact us by email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
You have the right to make a complaint at any time to the supervisory authority in your jurisdiction for data protection issues. We would, however, appreciate the chance to deal with your concerns before you approach the supervisory authority so please contact us in the first instance.
Our website may include links to third-party websites, plug-ins and applications. Clicking on those links or enabling those connections may allow third parties to collect or share data about you. We do not control these third-party websites and are not responsible for their privacy statements. When you leave our website, we encourage you to read the privacy notice of every website you visit
2. The data we collect about you
Personal data, or personal information, means any information about an individual from which that person can be identified. It does not include data where the identity has been removed (anonymous data). We may use any information you provide to us as set out in this privacy notice.
We may also collect personal data about you from third parties including publicly available information sources (including social media and websites), third party marketing agencies, vendors and our customers which may also be used by us as set out in this privacy notice.
The personal data may include identity data, contact information, financial details, details of your transactions with ProLion or related parties, technical data deriving from your use of our website or products and services, profile and usage data from our services which you access, and marketing and communications interests and preferences.
We may also collect, use and share aggregated data such as statistical or demographic data for any purpose. Aggregated data may be derived from your personal data but is not considered personal data in law as this data does not directly or indirectly reveal your identity. For example, we may aggregate your usage data to calculate the percentage of users accessing a specific website feature. However, if we combine or connect aggregated data with your personal data so that it can directly or indirectly identify you, we treat the combined data as personal data which will be used in accordance with this privacy notice.
We do not collect any special categories of personal data about you (this includes details about your race or ethnicity, religious or philosophical beliefs, sex life, sexual orientation, political opinions, trade union membership, information about your health and genetic and biometric data). Nor do we collect any information about criminal convictions and offences.
If you fail to provide personal data
Where we need to collect personal data by law, or under the terms of a contract we have with you and you fail to provide that data when requested, we may not be able to perform the contract we have or are trying to enter into with you (for example, to provide you with goods or services). In this case, we may have to cancel a product or service you or your organisation (if this is our customer) has with us; but we will notify you if this is the case at the time.
This website uses Google Analytics, a web analytics service provided by Google Inc., 1600 Amphitheater Parkway, Mountain View, CA 94043, USA ("Google"). Google Analytics uses so-called "cookies", text files that are stored on your computer and that allow an analysis of the use of the website by you. The information generated by the cookie about your use of this website is usually transmitted to a Google server in the USA and stored there. However, if IP anonymization is activated on this website, your IP address will be shortened by Google beforehand within member states of the European Union or in other contracting states of the Agreement on the European Economic Area. Only in exceptional cases will the full IP address be sent to a Google server in the US and shortened there. On behalf of the operator of this website, Google will use this information to evaluate your use of the website, to compile reports on website activity and to provide other services related to website activity and internet usage to the website operator. The IP address provided by Google Analytics as part of Google Analytics will not be merged with other Google data. You can prevent the storage of cookies by a corresponding setting of your browser software; however, we point out that in this case you may not be able to use all the functions of this website in full. You may also record the data generated by the cookie and related to your use of the website (including your IP address). Google and Google's processing of this data by downloading and installing the browser plug-in available at the following link: http://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout?hl=en. For more information about Google Analytics Terms of Service and Privacy, please visit http://www.google.com/analytics/terms/us.html or visit http://www.google.com/intl/en/analytics/privacyoverview.html.
5. How we collect your personal data
We use different methods to collect data from and about you including through:
- Direct interactions. You may give us your personal data by filling in forms or by corresponding with us by post, phone, email or otherwise. This includes personal data you provide when you:
- apply for our products or services;
- use or interact with the services on our website;
- subscribe to our service or publications;
- request marketing to be sent to you;
- enter a competition, promotion or survey; or
- give us some feedback.
- Automated technologies or interactions. As you interact with our website, we may automatically collect technical data about your equipment, browsing actions and patterns. We collect this personal data by using cookies, server logs and other similar technologies.
- Third parties or publicly available sources. We may receive personal data about you from various third parties and public sources based inside or outside the EU and the UK as set out below:
- technical data from the following parties:
- analytics providers such as Google;
- advertising networks; and
- search information providers.
- contact, financial and transaction data from providers of technical, payment, credit reference and delivery services.
- identity and contact data from data brokers or aggregators.
- identity and contact data from publicly availably sources.
6. How we use your personal data
We have set out below, a description of all the ways we may use your personal data, and the legal bases we rely on to do so. We have also identified what our legitimate interests are where appropriate.
Note that we may process your personal data for more than one lawful ground depending on the specific purpose for which we are using your data.
- To register you or your organisation as a new customer;
- Where the processing enables us to enhance, modify, personalise or otherwise improve our services/communications for the benefit of our customers;
- To use data analytics to improve our website, products/services, marketing, customer relationships and experiences;
- To identify and prevent fraud;
- To improve customer service;
- To deliver goods or services to you or your organisation;
- To personalise user experience;
- To enhance the security of our network and information systems;
- To better understand how people interact with our websites;
- To contact you by telephone with communications we think may be of interest to you;
- To provide postal communications which we think will be of interest to you;
- To send periodic emails containing information that will be of interest to you;
- To determine the effectiveness of promotional campaigns and advertising;
- To provide to our suppliers in order for you to be invited to participate in events which we think will be of interest to you; and
- To manage our relationship with you which will include:
- Asking you to leave a review or take a survey.
We will only use your personal data when the law allows us to. Most commonly, we will use your personal data in the following circumstances:
- Where we need to perform the contract we are about to enter into or have entered into with you.
- Where it is necessary for our legitimate interests (or those of a third party) and your interests and fundamental rights do not override those interests.
- Where we need to comply with a legal or regulatory obligation.
Generally we do not rely on consent as a legal basis for processing your personal data other than in relation to sending third party direct marketing communications to you via email or text message.
Our legitimate interests
- to recover debts due to us;
- to keep our records updated;
- to study how customers use our products/services;
- to develop our products/services;
- to grow our business;
- for running our business, provision of administration and IT services;
- for network security;
- to prevent fraud;
- in the context of a business reorganisation or restructuring exercise;
- to inform our marketing strategy;
- to define types of customers for our products and services; and
- to keep our website updated and relevant.
Marketing / opting out
We strive to provide you with choices regarding certain personal data uses, particularly around marketing and advertising.
You can ask us or third parties to stop sending you marketing messages at any time by contacting us at any time.
Where you opt out of receiving these marketing messages, this will not apply to personal data provided to us as a result of a product/service purchase, warranty registration, product/service experience or other transactions.
Change of purpose
We will only use your personal data for the purposes for which we collected it, unless we reasonably consider that we need to use it for another reason and that reason is compatible with the original purpose.
If we need to use your personal data for an unrelated purpose, we will notify you and we will explain the legal basis which allows us to do so.
Please note that we may process your personal data without your knowledge or consent, in compliance with the above rules, where this is required or permitted by law.
7. YOUR LEGAL RIGHTS
You have a legal right to: request access to and/or rectification or erasure of your personal data; restrict our processing of your personal data; object to our processing of your personal data; the right to data portability; as well as the to withdraw any consent you have given.p