Proact and ProLion have a strong partnership to provide ransomware-protection for NetApp environments. Proact helps customers in various business fields like healthcare, higher education, housing, insurance, legal and local government to define their perfect data strategy.
CryptoSpike is the Leading Solution to Protect Storage Systems from Ransomware
Based on full access transparency, CryptoSpike detects unusual activities in your file system and blocks attacks in real time. In the event of a ransomware attack, the granular restore function makes it possible to restore affected files immediately.
- 71% of all companies were the target of at least one ransomware attack in 2022. There were 236.1 million ransomware attacks worldwide during the first half of 2022 alone.
- The average downtime after an attack is 21 days.
- The average recovery costs after an attack are 1.6 million euros.
- The central storage system in which all data is stored is a “black box”. Oftentimes, it is unclear who caused the damage, when the attack began, and what data was damaged.
- Backups can be compromised as ransomware often disables backup functionality. A detailed investigation is required to determine what needs to be restored and when. Files that are not infected are often restored to an old version, which leads to unnecessary data loss.
- One wrong click by employees is enough to infect the entire network, allowing the threat to spread from a local computer to network-attached storage.
- If an attack occurs, a thorough analysis is essential (what happened, when, how did the attackers get the data and, above all, which data is affected). Without this insight, it won’t be possible to carry out a successful analysis and recover the data.
The CryptoSpike Solution
By analyzing all data access to the storage system, CryptoSpike detects ransomware attacks and unusual behavior, stops them in their tracks, and immediately gives you the chance to react and restore the exact data you need.
How CryptoSpike Protects Your Data
- Anomaly detection: CryptoSpike analyzes data access in real-time and immediately detects anomalies.
- Blocklist: Using a blocklist provided by ProLion, typical file extensions for ransomware are recognized and blocked.
- User Blocking: Suspicious users are automatically blocked from accessing your, data and administrators are immediately alerted to the incident.
- Single File Restore: Thanks to the detailed analysis, explicitly corrupted files can be restored, all other data remains unchanged.
- If needed for data protection purposes, it’s possible for user-specific data and activity to be visible only when two users, e.g. the works council and the IT department, log on to the CryptoSpike server.
Do you have questions about the product? We will discuss the advantages and functions of our security solutions directly with you in a demo appointment.
- All information about the ProLion products
- Technical functions & questions answered by experts
- Implementation and feasibility
- Pricing Information